- The maximum speed limit on campus (defined as all land owned by the College) is 15 miles per hour.
- Pedestrians have right-of-way at all times.
- Parking is allowed only in areas designated for parking. Vehicles parked in areas other than those designated for parking are subject to receive a citation, towed at the College’s discretion, at the owner’s expense and /or Booted. To be legally parked, a vehicle must display a parking sticker or permit/pass.
- SG Students and Instructors may park only in designated student parking areas. There is no student parking on the core campus ever except in the Kittredge lot. Do not park in fire lanes, in handicapped spaces, or on Sage Circle. Public Safety will issue tickets or tow/Boot. “Other people do it” is not an acceptable excuse.
- By State law and County code, all roadways on Warren Wilson College campus are considered fire lanes. Please park only in designated parking areas. Citations will be issued or cars will be towed for fire lane violations.
- Motor vehicle rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Abandoned, unlicensed, derelict, and inoperable/unsafe vehicles shall be removed from campus at the College’s discretion, at the owner’s expense.
- False information – The giving of false information to obtain a parking permit may result in loss of parking privilege.
Areas where students can park:
- Kittredge parking lot
- From upper DeVries Gym north to the soccer field
- Lower gym-tennis court parking lot
- Front and rear of Shepard
- South-side of DeVries Gym
- Ballfield parking lot
Note: For weekend check-in and check-out, there are designated Unloading Zones that can be used to load/unload luggage and instruments.
The following illegal acts will result in a ticket or booting/towing:
- Parking permit/pass improperly displayed
- Falsifying, altering, or reproducing a parking permit/pass
- Parking in any unauthorized area
- Blocking driveway or walkway
- Parking on grass
- Double parking
- Fire Lanes
- Handicap spaces without a Handicap Placard